[DWJ] What would you choose for a tribute read?

Farah Mendlesohn farah.sf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 04:44:49 EDT 2011

I decided on Time of the Ghost for my MA Students for its complexity of
character  and time travel, but if you want a book that shows what you can
do with children;s fiction, I think I'd recommend Magicians of Caprona which
has so many sly digs at fantasy in other books, and is so brilliantly
written than you can spend hours on the choices of which scene when,
rhetorical devices around the presentation of characters, and all sorts of
other things.

Farah

On 31 March 2011 23:52, Jenny Schwartzberg <schwartzbergj at newberry.org>wrote:

> The Tough Guide to Fantasyland is great to quote from.
>
> Yours,
> Jenny

There is no such thing as a right time or a wrong time. There is only the
now. The future is made up of accumulated nows.