[DWJ] On a completely different topic, Winnie the Pooh in Lima Peru

Jameela Lares Jameela.Lares at usm.edu
Thu Oct 14 07:12:37 EDT 2010

It sounds like a hoax.  One of the posts turned up in googling--as you surely know, Jackie--is that
the bear is a a spectacled endangered species from the Peruvian jungle, which is of course bosh,
since the original Winnie was a bear from Canada in the early twentieth century.

Jameela Lares
Professor of English
The University of Southern Mississippi
118 College Drive, #5037