[DWJ] DWJ sighting - okay, it's from 2005

jstallcup jstallcup at juno.com
Wed Oct 13 20:04:21 EDT 2010

What a great article--I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!  It was
interesting to see how "favorite character" was defined differently for
different folks:  someone they admired, someone they liked, someone they
pitied, someone they identified with...

Of course the next obvious question is:  who is your favorite dwj
character?  (or we could also do favorite character period).

For me, currently:

Favorite DWJ character(s):  Elda in Year of the Griffin and Awful in
Archer's Goon.

Favorite character:  Thursday Next (jasper fford).  She's so fun and
feisty and smart.

hmm.  I think I see a pattern here...

Oh, we could also do (thinking here of the Bookworld Awards in The Well
of Lost Plots):  most tiresome character.  I vote for Pamela, from
Richardson's book of the same name.  I'm teaching it on Friday and am
kicking myself for assigning it.  ARGH!  well, i think it will be fun to
talk about, but boy, I really want to smack her one in the chops.

Back to reading and grading...

Jackie

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 05:43:31 -0700 (PDT) <estairm at yahoo.com> writes:
> from March 2005 - a list of 100 favorite fictional characters

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/features/the-100-fa
vourite-fictional-characters-as-chosen-by-100-literary-luminaries-526971.
html