[DWJ] Fire and Hemlock

Philip Belben philip at axeside.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 13:42:34 EST 2010

Beck Laxton wrote:

> I know from talking to a couple of people that they're struggling with the
> ending,

I must admit I can't remember what Dorian said about the ending, but
here's my take (which I think I posted in an even earlier discussion of
the book):

"A curse obeys the same laws as everything else.  It contains the seeds
of its own decay." (Power of Three)

The curse on Tom involved things coming true which he made up.  And with
Polly's help he made up a place called "Nowhere" where Laurel's rules
operate.  And if they operate nowhere, they don't operate in the world!
  Because the curse makes that absurd logic come true, Tom and Polly
escape the curse.

Philip.