[DWJ] Flower fund

Charlie Butler charles.hannibal at gmail.com
Thu May 27 08:51:20 EDT 2010

Diana still has a cold, but was well enough this morning for me to visit
her, bearing flowers and a giant nuthatch. She was delighted with both, and
asked me to pass on how very touched she is by all the list's good wishes
and generosity. She really did seem very much pleased, and was in good
spirits.

We discussed the best way to deal with the remainder of the money (some
£120), and agreed that the simplest thing was for me to give it to her
directly, on the understanding that it was to be used for books, flowers and
treats - but *not *on anything boring like electricity bills or cat litter.
I am also going to pass on the list's book recs, which she's curious to see.

If you're interested, I've posted a couple of pictures of the flowers in
situ. The second is a close-up, for the botanically-talented amongst you:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33877273@N00/4644169633/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33877273@N00/4644169181/

Charlie

--