[DWJ] Flower fund

Charlie Butler charles.hannibal at gmail.com
Thu May 20 06:52:48 EDT 2010

This list is amazing! There is now more than £250 in the flowers fund,
enough for many successive bouquets and then some. I took the liberty of
buying a picture for Diana with some of the remainder - a startling
photograph of a nuthatch with a hazelnut in its beak, which I'm having
mounted (you can see it here, but it doesn't do justice to the poster-sized
image I saw in the artist's studio this morning:
http://markegertonimages.com/nuthatch/). For some reason this seemed to me a
very DWJ image.

As for what else we might do, I know that Diana is always on the look-out
for fresh reading, especially when she's not up to writing herself, so maybe
we could arrange for Amazonian parcels to come through her door at
intervals? For that, though, I need suggestions. So, amaze yourself like
Fanny Price at the prospect of being "a chuser of books! And... having any
one's improvement in view in [your] choice!" In happier times, "What books
would you like to recommend to DWJ?" might have been a good thread for this
list. Now, let's do it for real.

I was going to visit her this morning, by the way, but when I spoke on the
phone yesterday she told me that she had come down with a very bad cold, on
top of everything else, so it is going to have to wait till next week.

Charlie

--
Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk
Blog: http://steepholm.livejournal.com/