[DWJ] Diana's health

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Mon May 17 10:40:07 EDT 2010

Charlie Butler wrote:
> Farah's talked to me as promised, and I'm happy to take the flowers round.
> It probably makes sense to send the money directly to me: my Paypal account
> is the same email address as I use for this list. Farah suggests 5/$7
> apiece, which seems sensible, though if that's a problem, then any
> contribution will of course be appreciated. I'll probably visit DWJ towards
> the end of the week, so if you could get the money (or at least notice that
> you'll be sending it) to me by end of Wednesday (BST!) that would be great.

That sounds like a very good idea indeed; bless you all for it, and
attaFarah!  Diana does love to have flowers in her room, and she has
been deprived of Spring this year by not really being able to go out
into it much.

Charlie, one tweek: it looks slightly as though if you spend all that
people want to send, you might end up with a bunch so large Diana has no
vases to contain it!

Perhaps it might be possible to spread the effect, by buying a bunch of
a good but not extreme size, and then either doing it again a couple of
weeks later, or sliding the money that is left over into the hand of
either her husband John or their lodger-and-carer Dave, and asking for
more flowers to be got with it when the first lot start to fail?  Of the
two of them I would suggest the Dave, since he can still walk to the
nearest florist and John has difficulty getting up to the shops these days.

Just a thought, and only if people don't mind.

Cheers, and thanks to all.

Minnow