[DWJ] Greetings - Enchanted Glass

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Thu May 6 21:39:30 EDT 2010

Deborah said:

we don't usually talk about problems we have with DWJ books on
this list, but I found Enchanted Glass to be a really mixed bag--
some parts of it I found really entertaining and lovely, and
other parts of it made me wince. Do people want to talk about
those things, or would we rather keep the list more focused on
the positive? I'm happy either way.

-deborah

I'd love to hear your take on 'Enchanted Glass' Deborah, both the good and the less good. One of the things I like about DWJ's books is the many layers in her writing. It often takes another person's perspective to uncover another layer for me, so I would be interested to read people's reactions of all kinds.
I don't think there have been any DWJ books that I have loved wholeheartedly from beginning to end. Many a time the list discussions have helped me with the parts of her books I find problematic - either by uncovering the deeper meaning that brings sense to these sections, or by assuring me that I'm not alone in my feelings. Or both, mostly.

So I say: go for it!

Regards
Elizabeth.