[DWJ] Greetings

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Sun May 2 23:23:15 EDT 2010

Widdy asked:

Has there been discussion of DWJ's newest book already?
________

I don't think so, Widdy. I've just started reading it myself so I'm ready to hear what everyone else thinks. Here are my initial thoughts.

I'll put in a spoiler gap, but really since my comments are only on the first few pages, you won't learn anything you wouldn't want to by reading them.

First thoughts - I  *do* like the dedication :-)
And I like the opening chapters. As usual with DWJ the information we are given is just enough to keep us wanting more.

I also like Andrew and Stashe (sp? I don't have my copy with me at the moment) and Aidan. Prefer Mr Stock to Mrs Stock, but that might be because I like Tarquin and Mr S gets a bit of that liking reflected onto him. Haven't really seen much of Sean yet so don't have an opinion there.

I look forward to reading what others think.

Regards
Elizabeth.