[DWJ] Too quiet and frivolous question

Sally Odgers sally at sallyodgers.com
Thu Mar 25 01:41:44 EDT 2010

Same in Orstrahlia. ANNE-thee-a ... and that's thee as in theme, not as
in Mycountryisofthee.

Sally Odgers

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 02:46:06 -0700 (PDT), estairm at yahoo.com wrote:
Colin, thanks very much.  Though I like my incorrect pronunciation so
much better...

of my favorite books (ob DWJ - Archer's Goon is one of them, of
course), and I've always heard it in my head as AnTHEEah.
  > > However, I have just watched a truly terrible video of The
Phoenix and the Carpet (which they had to call The Phoenix and the
Magic Carpet), and they pronounced the name ANtheeah.

  > Always stressed on the first syllable in the UK, like Andrew,
Andrea, Anthony.