[DWJ] Too quiet and frivolous question

estairm at yahoo.com estairm at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 24 10:47:28 EDT 2010

Charlie, I'm with you on each and every well-deserved rant.

 But I'd only begun to plumb the horrors of this travesty.  Each child had a one-note characterization.  The youngest boy was impertinent.  The older boy said 'dweeb' a lot.  ANthea had a conscience, which at least did come from the book, but the writers had a tin ear for the story and the characters.  The mother had forbidden the children to leave the house.  So Anthea's conscience forbade the children to leave the house to rescue Helga from the remote island, but did allow two out of three kids to leave to try to get rid of the Persian cats.

Ah well.

Esther