[DWJ] The Thief and Howl

Elizabeth Parks henx19 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 22:13:46 EDT 2010

So I just finished re-reading Megan Whalen Turner's The Thief, since A
Conspiracy of Kings is coming out soon and I love The Thief and The King of
Attolia but have not actually yet managed to read The Queen of Attolia,
because it made me sick when I started it years ago, and since I don't get
physically sick when I read about someone being physically sick as often as
I used to, I think I might be able to manage it now;

but in any case, I read The Thief with "extras inside," and one extra turned
out to be a recommended reading list from the author, who mentions Diana
Wynne Jones several times, and in it she says that there is "a direct quote
from Howl's Moving Castle."

And since my thoughts, not infrequently, also contain direct quotes from
Howl's Moving Castle, I'm rather annoyed that I didn't spot it, and thought
I would see if anyone else has done better and can pinpoint it. . ..

:)

lizzie