[DWJ] "Orthogonal" (orthogonally to T-shirt slogans)

estairm at yahoo.com estairm at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 03:07:10 EDT 2010

I agree that Hebrew pronunciation is irrelevant to English pronunciation.  But in many cases, that is a pity, because the name comes out ugly or silly in English, but it beautiful in Hebrew.  Like poor old jumpin' Jehosaphat in English -- Yoshafaht is much nicer.  Not to mention Hepzibah --Cheftzibah sounds much better and has a meaningful story behind it, too. It means My Desire is for Her. And that is a reversal of the curse of Eve, where her desire would be for the man, which is painful if not requited.

Esther