[DWJ] "Orthogonal" (orthogonally to T-shirt slogans)

estairm at yahoo.com estairm at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 11 02:16:24 EDT 2010

________________________________

Elizabeth Parks wrote:

As a child, I got in trouble not so much for using Briticisms, but for using
really old-fashioned English--I loved Louisa May Alcott, and read more than
four of the Little Peppers books, and everything by L.M. Montgomery (did
anyone else really love the book Rilla of Ingleside?), and I still have to
stop myself sometimes from over-hyphenating and from expressing really quite
maudlin and saccharine emotional responses (see: The Five Little Peppers and
sequels).

I still love Rilla of Ingleside and have read it many, many times.  World War I really comes alive in it for me.

I still cry in the same place every time I read it -- when Dog Monday finally gets what he's been waiting for....