[DWJ] "Orthogonal" (orthogonally to T-shirt slogans)

devra at aol.com devra at aol.com
Tue Jun 8 20:47:37 EDT 2010

TIN-ta-jelly?

Devra

-----Original Message-----
From: Claire Gourlay <imperfectcadence at hotmail.com>
To: dwj at suberic.net
Sent: Tue, Jun 8, 2010 8:43 pm
Subject: Re: [DWJ] "Orthogonal" (orthogonally to T-shirt slogans)

hat depends on what sort of Australian accent you have. I'm Australian, and I
ay "agen."
y lifelong pronunciation error, which I only discovered when I was 17, is
ethereal." For
some reason I've always said "ETH-e-real" instead of "e-THE-real." And it took
e forever
to work out how to say "bureau."
The most distressing one was about a month ago when I discovered that Tintagel
s actually
pronounced with a soft "g." Not having ever heard it spoken before, I've been
ronouncing it
in my mind as "TIN-ta-gel" with a hard "g" for the whole of my life. I'm having
rouble getting
used to it!

Claire