[DWJ] "Orthogonal" (orthogonally to T-shirt slogans)

Elizabeth Parks henx19 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 20:04:56 EDT 2010

I googled "wine-dark sea," and came up with "oinops pontos" (from a
wikipedia page on oral tradition), and then I googled "oinops pontos" and
got:

did you mean oops photos?  celebrity oops photos?  britney spears oops
photos?

and I found myself a little speechless.

I don't speak Greek of any age, at all, so I bow to Roger's superior
un-translation (though I did, when looking into the origin of the phrase
"the sea, the sea!" come across some long thing about how it would have
been, in that time and in that type of Greek, "thalatta, thalatta!" instead
of "thalassa, thalassa!")

lizzie