[DWJ] "Orthogonal" (orthogonally to T-shirt slogans)

S. Worthen sworthen at owlfish.com
Tue Jun 8 16:30:21 EDT 2010

  	Based on dictionary sampling, American dictionaries allow for
variety (regional?) in pronouncing dour, while the British ones don't.

Some American dictionaries:
Merriam-Webster gives \ˈdu̇r, ˈdau̇(-ə)r\
The Cambridge Dictionary of American English: daur, dur

Some British dictionaries:
OED: du:r
Collins: [[doo]-er][rhymes with [tower]]

	Shana