[DWJ] word pronunciations

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Jun 8 11:20:05 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 08 June 2010 17:07:57 Elizabeth Parks wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 7:50 AM, <devra at aol.com> wrote:
> > I always had the conviction that "grey" was a dark colour, and "gray" a
> > lighter one.
>
> Devra--I've always been convinced of the exact opposite!  and I always
> have a specific gray/grey in mind for different phrases: dove grey, but
> gray skies. grey pearls, but gray gardens.

For me 'grey' is a bluer kind of gr[e|a]y, and 'gray' a browner kind.
Computer greys -- equal amounts of RGB -- default to blue for me, probably
because of my tetrachromatic eyes.

   Irina

--
Time flies like an arrow. What do time butterflies like?
http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi       Latest: 02-Jun-2010