[DWJ] "Orthogonal" (orthogonally to T-shirt slogans)

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Tue Jun 8 03:54:55 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 08 June 2010 02:45:03 Helen Schinske wrote:

> I felt completly misle-d (pronounced my-zulled, to rhyme with "dry
> hulled")over the pronunciation of "misled."

I used to pronounce it as if spelt "mizzled". When that started to seem
strange, as if spelt "miled".

Also "outrage"-- I still tend to hear that in my head as a French word, oo-
TRAAZH.

> One more: I thought "syncope" was pronounced "sin cope," but
> it's actually "sin-co-pee."

Oh, is it? Thanks! I did know that hyperbole isn't "hyperbowl".

   Irina

--
Time flies like an arrow. What do time butterflies like?
http://www.valdyas.org/foundobjects/index.cgi       Latest: 02-Jun-2010