[DWJ] "Orthogonal" (orthogonally to T-shirt slogans)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Tue Jun 8 00:04:36 EDT 2010

On Jun 7, 2010, at 7:20 PM, Elizabeth Parks wrote:

> I'm not sure why, but that just gave me a flashback to my first
> month or so
> as a(n American) student at St.Andrews, and having an English
> student make
> some cutting remark to me about how Americans were so slavishly
> devoted to
> pronouncing every letter in every word, as if we had to prove that
> we could
> read.

Shows what they know. There are _lots_ of letters we don't pronounce.

Anyway, who wants to take advice from people who pronounce 'law'
and 'lore' the same way?   ;-)

As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I
craved factual certainty, and I thirsted for a
meaningful vision of human life--so I became
a scientist. This is like becoming an archbishop
so you can meet girls.

                                  -- Matt Cartmill