[DWJ] 20th anniversary

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Mon Jun 7 19:49:50 EDT 2010

On 7 Jun 2010, at 21:18, Jenny Schwartzberg wrote:

> Any of them coming up on the 20th anniversary that we could put up for the Phoenix Award?

The 2010 award has already been, er, awarded, but you could have nominated _Castle in the Air_.  2011 is the 20th anniversary of _Black Maria_.  (OMG!)

(About which I dreamed the other night - I was in a bookshop, and they had some foreign editions of it, some of which were very odd.  The first one I found was Israeli, in extremely peculiar English.  It described Aunt Maria on the back cover as a "gallifreyan granny" (all lower case) which is nicely alliterative, but I don't think she is a Time Lord!  (Or a grandmother either, strictly speaking.)  After I woke up, it occurred to me that if there is really an Israeli edition, it wouldn't be in English, and Gili probably translated it.  But I don't actually know whether it has ever been translated.)

Can you nominate it?  It would be so appropriate if it won!

	Eleanor