[DWJ] "Orthogonal" (orthogonally to T-shirt slogans)

Steinke, Gabriela M G.Steinke at wlv.ac.uk
Mon Jun 7 15:43:36 EDT 2010

On June 7, 2010, at 20.40, Otter Perry wrote:

Another thing that happens -- mostly to people like children
and other learners of English -- is
not connecting the spelling of a word with its pronunciation.
For instance, it took me quite a while to figure out that the
word spelled "schedule" was a word I heard regularly.  "Colonel"
was another one. [I was just reading a very interesting tidbit
about why it is that we pronounce "colonel" as "kernel".]

Oh please, share the tidbit!

Gaby

--

Scanned by iCritical.