[DWJ] T-shirt slogans

Helen Schinske hschinske at aol.com
Sun Jun 6 14:14:17 EDT 2010

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Dollin" <eh at electrichedgehog.net>

> And I've probably been using it since the early 1970s; one
> influence was the Algol 68 Report (because they were dead keen
> on the idea). But I did do maths, and eneral notions of orthogonality
> pop up all over the place.

Okay, "eneral" is a typo for general, right? Not math(s) jargon? Because I
just checked the OED for fun, and it ain't in there. The online OED search
put me at the appropriate spot in the alphabet, which was, drumroll please
... enerd!

(No, it has nothing to do with modern nerds. It's an obsolete verb meaning
"to dwell in.")

Helen Schinske, who is easily amused and also avoiding work