[DWJ] T-shirt slogans

Charlie Butler charles.hannibal at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 13:25:22 EDT 2010

On 6 June 2010 18:13, Chris Dollin <eh at electrichedgehog.net> wrote:

> I wonder what people who don't know the word say in
> orthogonal-shaped slots in sentences?

'Independent of' would cover it in many cases, I'd imagine. E.g. "The
illegality or otherwise of copying DWJ's words is independent of the amount
copied." Not that this is necessarily more elegant or even much clearer.

Btw, I recognized the meaning, and even had a little graph pop into my
mind's eye when I read Roger's words - but then I did have a slight
acquaintance with statistics in an earlier life. I don't think of the idiom
as being in general currency.

Charlie

--
Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk