[DWJ] T-shirt slogans

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Fri Jun 4 16:37:41 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 09:32:59PM +0100, Minnow wrote:
> Roger Burton West wrote:
>> Copyright violation is orthogonal to charging.
> Well, you have certainly mystified DWJ with that word, and made her feel
> all little and ignorant.  She says so.  She had no idea what it meant,
> though she played with the idea of some sect or cult from the Far East
> briefly, as well as a Strnage Mathematical Shape of some sort with a
> whole lot of angles going on.

"Orthogonal to" is approximately the same as "uncorrelated with". You
can charge or not; you can violate copyright or not. Changing the
former does not in any case change the latter.

(Note that I do not think the current regime is a good one, by any
means, just that I've been forced to learn quite a bit about it...)

> Business as usual, in fact.  The book is going slowly because she has
> been having antibiotics for an infection and they play hob with
> creativity, but it is still there.

Thanks for the news!

R (her, enow)