[DWJ] T-shirt slogans

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Fri Jun 4 16:32:59 EDT 2010

Roger Burton West wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2010 at 06:37:24AM -0500, Farah Mendlesohn wrote:
> >But!  If someone goes ahead and makes these t-shirts and charges
> >*even break even only costs* you will have breached Diana's copyright.
>
> Copyright violation is orthogonal to charging.

Well, you have certainly mystified DWJ with that word, and made her feel
all little and ignorant.  She says so.  She had no idea what it meant,
though she played with the idea of some sect or cult from the Far East
briefly, as well as a Strnage Mathematical Shape of some sort with a
whole lot of angles going on.

She also says that if it is acceptable for people to make badges saying
"All Power Corrupts, But We Need Electricity", which they have and she
has one, then she doesn't see why not t-shirts, and she has no intention
of suing anyone if they want to make themselves, or even their child or
Significant Other or Bessie Friend, a shirt that coincidentally has on
it words that she has put into the same order before they did, though if
anyone makes a lot of money doing it then maybe they ought to commit
random acts of senseless kindness with it.

But if people really do this, she would love to have pictures of the
shirts being worn, put somewhere so that she can go and look at them and
giggle.  I read out the suggestions from here and she laughed and
laughed and said "what fun!" and that she was very glad people were
enjoying themselves playing with this idea.

Business as usual, in fact.  The book is going slowly because she has
been having antibiotics for an infection and they play hob with
creativity, but it is still there.

Minnow