[DWJ] T-shirt slogans

Elizabeth Parks henx19 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 14:22:48 EDT 2010

I'm pretty sure that the thirty (or three hundred, which is what it is
sometimes for academic stuff, though some copyright is based on motive, so
scholarly commentaries can sometimes ignore copyright. . . ? I think?) word
thing is custom, and not necessarily law.  If I understand correctly,
copyright law in the U.S. at least is frequently settled on a case-by-case
basis.  It's a little more nailed down with music usage in film and print. .
. and actually, in the U.S. at least, Eliot's The Waste Land appears to be
public domain.

So basically, Charlie, it seems like there's almost no logic here at all.
:)  at least in the U.S.!

lizzie, who is not an attorney or an expert