[DWJ] T-shirt slogans

Charlie Butler charles.hannibal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 11:59:49 EDT 2010

My guess is that anyone who wished to sue over a relatively common phrase
would have to show that the shirt was being sold on the strength of its DWJ
associations. If 'Now Where' were written on a stone vase, for example, it
would be more suable (sp?) than if it were on a plain background. I imagine
that context might also matter: if such shirts were being sold exclusively
through, say, Deborah's Chrestomanci Castle web page, then they might be
more actionable. But perhaps that's expecting more common sense than the law
allows for?

Charlie

--
Website: www.charlesbutler.co.uk