[DWJ] T-shirt slogans

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Fri Jun 4 11:34:23 EDT 2010

Good questions. She didn't invent the ghost of Able Mabel either, so a
T-shirt that quoted that would not necessarily be quoting her, even if
*really* it was. (Google says Able Mable is a band based in Bristol --
nice coincidence.)

Wouldn't something so short fall under fair use?

Anyway, I only intended to talk about hypothetical T-shirts, although
it saddens me that I don't own a DWJ T-shirt, when I do have some for
Lois McMaster Bujold (from an online store that I assume is operating
with her permission, since it's linked from her "official" website),
Harry Potter (one with Warner copyright, one home-made using an iron-
on transfer) and His Dark Materials (purchased in the National Theatre
shop).

I'm glad people are having fun with this topic!

Eleanor