[DWJ] T-shirt slogans

Sally Odgers sally at sallyodgers.com
Fri Jun 4 11:15:05 EDT 2010

I wonder at what point breach of copyright occurs in law? For instance,
if I made a shirt saying "Now Here"...that is a quote from F&H, but
also a potential quote from I dunnamenny other books. How identifiable
would a quote have to be?
Say if someone wore a shirt with "Flax" on it.That would be a direct
quote from one of my books, and  from many, many others.  If it said
"Flax Lilykicker", then it would be "a million to one" (and I'm now
quoting from the musical version of War of the Worlds" that it did
refer to the character from "Flax the Feral Fairy".  Please note, I'm
not asking this with the intention of breaking anyone's copyright. I'm
just curious.

Sally Odgers

Folks: