[DWJ] T-shirt slogans

deborah.dwj at suberic.net deborah.dwj at suberic.net
Thu Jun 3 19:41:29 EDT 2010

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, Ellen Willcox wrote:
> I would love to see the Chrestomanci-three-times shirt!

Yes, that's one of my favorite of the suggestions.

On Thu, 3 Jun 2010, Philip Belben wrote:

> I'd rather like a tee shirt with the sign "shen" on it.  If anyone knows how
> to draw it.  (Hmm.  I have a chinese colleague who has a dictionary
> organiosed alphabetically by pinyin spelling.  I must look it up in there...)

That would be lovely, too.

I wouldn't mind a "Free Holanders" shirt or a "Dumas Quartet".  Or one for the Clennen family singers ("featuring Dastgandlen Handagner, Cennoreth Manaliabrid, and Osfameron Tanamoril on cwidder!"). Or one that said:

This shirt will prove the following ten facts:

1. A Goon is a being who melts into the foreground and sticks there.
2. Pigs have wings, making them hard to catch.
3. All power corrupts, but we need electricity.
4. When an irresistible force meets an immovable object, the result
    is a family fight.
5. Music does not always sooth the troubled breast.
6. An Englishman's home is his castle.
7. The female of the species is more deadly than the male.
8. One black eye deserves another.
9. Space is the final frontier, and so is the sewage farm.
10. It pays to increase your word power.

Nic again:
> I am one of the new joiners, and was indeed alerted to this
> newsletter's existence by the LJ post.

Hi and welcome!

-deborah