[DWJ] waving to new folks

Minnow minnow at belfry.org.uk
Thu Jun 3 16:03:55 EDT 2010

Charlie Butler wrote:
> On 3 June 2010 18:54, Minnow <minnow at belfry.org.uk> wrote:
>

> > Langford is a personal friend of Diana's; the wording of the
> > announcement in Ansible was read to her over the phone and given the OK.
> >

> I certainly didn't mean to suggest that it would have gone into
> *Ansible *without
> DWJ's prior approval, if that's how it came across. I just surmised from the
> by-line on the *Ansible* site that you had been the conduit.

He really didn't want to have to do it, so I asked her, and that made it
easier for him.  And it did need to be sent out to all the people who
know her from conventions.

I didn't think you were being snide or anything of the sort!  Dave just
wanted to weep on my shoulder a bit about it and after that it became a
combined effort, to try to get the wording for *Ansible* right and get
it approved.

Minnow