[DWJ] Dragon history question

devra at aol.com devra at aol.com
Wed Jul 14 10:38:29 EDT 2010

I have a theory -- that these monsters all represent the uncontrollable aspects of nature and the world.  In the very earliest stories, they are all-powerful, and we are very frightened of them.

Now, we feel more in control of the dangerous world, and hence no longer need to kill or destroy these monsters. We can tame them, or live with them.

Of course, with the oil spill and recent earthquakes, we ought to be aware that we're not all that much in control, but....

For what it's worth.

Devra