[DWJ] Dragon history question

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Wed Jul 14 06:07:12 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:58:15AM +0100, Charlie Butler wrote:

>Vampires seem to have been fairly pliable for a long time.

I think it's worth considering the effects of film, which get back into
the writers' water supply if only via popular culture. There have been
rather more films with vampires and werewolves (makeup is, after all,
relatively cheap) than there have with dragons; I think that as a result
there's rather more consensus on what a dragon is and does (live in a
cave on a pile of treasure, fly, breathe fire, eat livestock and
people) than ditto a vampire (drink blood, and that's about it really)
or a werewolf (shift between human and wolf forms).