[DWJ] Daffodils t-shirt

Riia Annala riia.annala at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 15:33:49 EDT 2010

I'm really glad you all liked the shirt! I do like to baffle people with
weird quotes.

If you post it as you have this one, I can make sure that she sees the
photograph.

Thank you! I will ask somebody to take it next weekend and then I will post
it as soon as possible.

It occurs to me that brown and dead (and in England, wet) is the normal
state of a daffodil by June ... I don't know if this is what Diana meant,
though.

Yes. I don't know much about flowers, but I had a notion that daffodils are
spring flowers (no idea if it's right or wrong). That is why I find the
quote funny even on it's own. In my mind there is no such thing like
daffodils in June, so Sophie is wishing for the impossible. It caught my
attention because the Finnish translator had translated the sentence like
this: "Olkaa kevään ensi narsisseja" which means be first narcissus of the
spring. I have no idea why he translated it like that. Is June considered
spring in UK?

Riia