[DWJ] Ansible this week--t-shirts.

Elizabeth Parks henx19 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 11:21:43 EDT 2010

In any case, Farah, if you hadn't brought up copyright I might have, because
I'd been reading about something related lately and thought of it before I
got your email.  Not because I'm anti-fan, but because I have a lot of
affection and respect for DWJ, because I find intellectual property
interesting, and because the point of the whole t-shirt thing (as originally
introduced by Eleanor on June 3, purely hypothetically) was to make
everybody feel better, not to bring any stress to anyone or to DWJ.  I'm not
sure where money first came into the conversation, but I think it was along
the lines of "well, if we send money to so-and-so and they print t-shirts at
cost and send them back" and then at some point Farah inserted a note about
keeping copyright in mind, and it's really a little bit silly if anyone took
that too personally, or as any sort of anti-anything remark.  That said, I
quite want a t-shirt now that says "Jones disagrees."

--lizzie