[DWJ] Help with DARK LORD page reference (reading aloud)

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Mon Jul 5 17:46:25 EDT 2010

On Jul 5, 2010, at 2:49 PM, Ellen Willcox wrote:

> You're right - reading aloud is fantastic for writers!  It helps
> especially with dialogue, but also with catching repetition and things
> like that.

I listen to audiobooks every night while I deliver papers. I haven't
really tried DWJ yet, although I own a couple, but I can testify that
Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett sound good when read aloud. The
only thing about Sir Terry is that one loses some of the wordplay.
Since I've always read them multiple times, I know when wordplay
is going on, but I can also realize that it wouldn't be obvious to the
listener.

[I'm glad Lenny Henry did _Anansi Boys_, because Mr. Gaiman
  wouldn't have done as good a job - he hasn't got the voice for
  it.]

- The first rule of holes:
    when you're in one, stop digging.

                     -- Molly Ivins