[DWJ] Best of lists for 2009

Thu Feb 4 11:39:30 EST 2010

On Tue, 2 Feb 2010 14:00:20 +1300, Elizabeth Evans wrote:

>Melissa, I desperately want you to write about _The Monstrumologist_ too. I've looked at the Amazon.com blurb, and so far it looks as if this would be a bit out of my comfort zone, but I generally enjoy the books you like, so I would love to hear what you think of TM.  I'm waiting to borrow _Enchanted Glass_, so a new recommendation in the meantime would be welcome.

I loved it, but it is definitely not for the squeamish.  Maggots in live
flesh, creatures eating people alive, the massacre of an entire family...to
me, it's all part of what makes the story great, but I think there are
readers for whom the ick factor would overwhelm the rest of the story.

Melissa Proffitt
(full review to come, yes)