[DWJ] Best of lists for 2009

Elizabeth Evans er.evans at auckland.ac.nz
Mon Feb 1 20:00:20 EST 2010

Melissa responded to pleas for her 'Best-of' list for 2009:
Um.

So I started this reading blog last November...

<snip interesting stuff>
So I didn't actually do the end-of-year list until January.
<snip more interesting stuff>
So I posted it in three installments.
<snip more stuff - fascinating comments but I don't want to clog up everyone's emails by repeating them>

Anyway, the list starts at
http://www.janessafari.com/post/2010/01/12/The-Best-of-2009-part-1.aspx.
<snip stuff about recent blog posts>

 . . . we are in the middle of buying a house and I don't have much mental energy for writing.  Though I desperately
want to write about _The Monstrumologist_, which I finished reading the
night before I found out about the Printz Awards and which was very good.
*   *

Melissa, I desperately want you to write about _The Monstrumologist_ too. I've looked at the Amazon.com blurb, and so far it looks as if this would be a bit out of my comfort zone, but I generally enjoy the books you like, so I would love to hear what you think of TM.  I'm waiting to borrow _Enchanted Glass_, so a new recommendation in the meantime would be welcome.

Regards
Elizabeth.