[DWJ] Book lists (Was: Finally got Enchanted Glass!)

Mon Feb 1 19:32:33 EST 2010

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 20:32:00 +0000, Hallie O'Donovan wrote:

>Thanks for the nudge, Kylie - I'm still *planning* on doing my list, though
>it's ridiculously late at this point.
>
>I missed Melissa's too!  And other people have done whole lists or a
>favourite or two as well.
>
>Pinging Meliiiisssssa...

Hi!  Yes, still here!

Um.

So I started this reading blog last November...I was thinking about keeping
my book log, and how I get behind because I write down stuff I think about
what I read and not just title and author.  I thought it might be nice,
overall, to force myself to do more writing, and that a blog might be more
effective than a private journal.

Then on the day winter vacation started, my computer died.  Hard.  I ended
up with no computer, forced to borrow Jacob's, for three weeks.  And even
though I had access to email and everything, it felt uncomfortable working
at his computer.  So I didn't actually do the end-of-year list until
January.  And instead of posting it here, I put it on the blog because,
well, it gets longer every year, and I always feel guilty about how long it
is.  So I posted it in three installments.

The whole time, I was thinking "I need to mention this to the DWJ list so
anyone who's interested will know where to look."  And then I just never
did.  I think the act of posting made it feel as though I was done with it,
you know?  Or I'm just being my usual flaky self.

Anyway, the list starts at
http://www.janessafari.com/post/2010/01/12/The-Best-of-2009-part-1.aspx.  I
know some of you don't have easy web access, so if anyone really wants, I
can post the text version here (but then I will not feel guilty about the
length, ooh that sounds good).  The most recent stuff I've posted is the
Harry Potter reviews I did in 2007, because we are in the middle of buying a
house and I don't have much mental energy for writing.  Though I desperately
want to write about _The Monstrumologist_, which I finished reading the
night before I found out about the Printz Awards and which was very good.

Melissa Proffitt
(not getting _Enchanted Glass_ until April 8; being poor sucks)