[DWJ] Chrestomanci needs help in the YA Fantasy Showdown

Elizabeth Parks henx19 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 01:07:54 EDT 2010

I see that Robin McKinley withdrew Aerin and by default the win goes to a
character from a book I haven't read, whose strengths are "unicorn killer"
and "virgin."

I'm pretty sure that there's a terrible joke lurking there about "withdraw"
and "virgin," but I'm not going to make it.

and I will admit that off the top of my head, I'm having a little trouble
thinking of a ton more characters of color that would be suited for that
list, though I never thought that Sabriel was white for some reason. . .
though really you can't get much more color in a person than you do in
Alanna, what with her violently violet eyes and her copper red hair.

--lizzie