[DWJ] DWJ in the school library (or not)

Irina Rempt irina at valdyas.org
Sun Sep 27 15:40:09 EDT 2009

On Sunday 27 September 2009 21:28 deborah.dwj at suberic.net wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Sep 2009, Irina Rempt wrote:
> > I hope they won't institute a new library policy with the amalgamation,
> > and 'cleanse' the whole library of 'trash'!
>
> And by "trash" you mean "books"?
>
> http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/09/04/a_libr
>ary_without_the_books/

Ah yes, read that one and shuddered. But what I meant was genre and YA and
indeed anything not mainstream/accepted literature, like in my eldest's
upper-school library (she's in the 4th year of grammar school). Fortunately
she *likes* Jane Austen; she's the only person who ever takes that out.

   Irina

--
     "Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth
should that mean that it is not real?"           --Albus Dumbledore