[DWJ] CORRECTED LINK!!!! RE: Howard's School Orchestra in ARCHER'S GOON

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Mon Sep 21 15:09:49 EDT 2009

Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:
> Just reread my comment below and saw how it could be read as offensive: no
> offense meant to anyone, seriously. I just like John Green.

> That was the wrong link, so sorry!
>
> Correct link should have been:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wiRivDMIYM
>

> The nut ranting, BTW, is John Green (author of AN ABUNDANCE OF KATHERINES,
> LOOKING FOR ALASKA etc.) whom I actually find quite entertaining and
> salient. But maybe that's just because Israel already has state-supported
> healthcare.

I have just recapped---reread this thread, and I have begun to realize
it was I who should apologize.  I spoke with loaded words; I called
someone a nut, and did not even listen to what they had to say.  I may
have offended people, especially people who agree with the message, but
in any case, I spoke badly.  I plead that I am a simple and
straightforward person, and am not subtle.  When stressed or tired,
I lose tact.  I speak my mind, and while I intend no slight, I can see
how I may come across that way.  It is difficult to see a shrug or a
smile in email.

I think I will try to lurk more, as I did before.

Mark Allums