[DWJ] CORRECTED LINK!!!! RE: Howard's School Orchestra in ARCHER'S GOON

Dorian E. Gray dorianegray at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 14:26:03 EDT 2009

Gili said...

> I imagine they sound something like this:

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wiRivDMIYM

Nowhere near that tuneful.

I was in Howard's School Orchestra, or at least a close approximation
thereof known as the North Dublin Youth Orchestra.  The orchestra in that
link succeeds in producing a recognisable tune.  We never did.

(Though in our version, the drummer usually won the race, while the brass
tended to be last because they rarely showed up in the first place.)

Until the sky falls on our heads...

Dorian.
--
Dorian E. Gray
dorianegray at gmail.com
http://dorianegray.livejournal.com

"Mr. Crossley is glad-eyed. He thinks everyone should be upright and
honourable and interested in Geography."
- Diana Wynne Jones, "Witch Week"