[DWJ] CORRECTED LINK!!!! RE: Howard's School Orchestra in ARCHER'S GOON

Eleanor Joslin eleanor at dreamvine.org.uk
Mon Sep 21 05:06:20 EDT 2009

On 21 Sep 2009, at 08:50, Gili Bar-Hillel wrote:

>> Correct link should have been:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wiRivDMIYM
>
> Now that I've read a bit more about the Portsmouth Sinfonia, and if
> the
> information on Youtube can be trusted, It seems not impossible that
> DWJ
> actually based her ARCHER"S GOON  schoolband on this orchestra:

Could be.  On the other hand, I have known a couple of school bands
that were just as bad if not worse.  That is often what you get when
rehearsal time has to be fitted into the lunch break once a week.  I
am sure the Portsmouth Sinfonia has a better conductor than Mr
Caldwick because they were in time ... mostly.  Or perhaps they simply
lack the ... what shall I call it ... competitive spirit of Howard's
school orchestra.

	Eleanor