[DWJ] BristolCon

Otter Perry ottertee at silverwinggraphics.com
Tue Sep 15 16:57:22 EDT 2009

On Sep 15, 2009, at 10:44 AM, Minnow wrote:

>> For anyone who lives in the Bristol area and may be interested,
>> I'll be
>> guesting at the first ever Bristolcon <http://www.bristolcon.org/> on
>> Saturday 26th September, with a talk on "Diana Wynne Jones and
>> Pilgrimage".
>> (Title subject to slight change.)
>
> Good fortune.  I can't be there: my son is getting married that
> afternoon
> in Oxfordshire, and I may be a bit busy.
>
> Minnow

Oooooh!  Congratulations!  Have fun!

My sister _loved_ being the mother of the groom, because there was so
little she was responsible for, apart from making sure her dress didn't
war with that of the mother of the bride.  And the rehearsal dinner,
of course.

Charlie, you have fun, too.

[Come to think of it, that's my nephew's birthday, the one who was
the groom.  Minnow, may your son make more of a success of his
marriage than my nephew did.]

- The first rule of holes:
    when you're in one, stop digging.

                     -- Molly Ivins