[DWJ] Personal Plumbing

Elizabeth Bentley ebentleysln at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:46:12 EST 2009

I think I sent an earlier message about Zola's Germinal, when I am
sure that the central character finds that under some kind of stress,
she has started menstruation. She is 16 and working in the mines, as
well as having sex, I think, so I think she counts as adult. Poor
nutrition lead to late onset of menstruation, but that didn't stop
young women acting as adults.

EB

Elizabeth Bentley
mailto:ebentleysln at googlemail.com

SLN: To subscribe send a blank email to:
mailto:sln-subscribe at yahoogroups.com