[DWJ] Airport bookstores, was Re: Classic books (was What are you reading?)

Helen Schinske hschinske at aol.com
Sat Nov 7 19:06:50 EST 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gili Bar-Hillel" <gbhillel at netvision.net.il>

> Going to WFC involved long stops in three airports: Ben Gurion, Heathrow
> and
> San Francisco. And of course the first thing I compare in each one is the
> bookstores. Let me just say, if I had to be stuck reading only what
> arrived
> at one airport's bookstores for the rest of my life, there is absolutely
> no
> question I would choose Heathrow.

My favorite airport is the Milwaukee one, where they have (or at least had
years ago) a SECONDHAND bookstore. And yes, good stuff in it (though what I
actually remember buying there was an earlyish edition of _Joy of Cooking_,
so not exactly *reading* material, though some of the anecdotes are jolly).

Planning one's trips around transfers in Milwaukee tends to be a bit
difficult, though ...

Helen Schinske