[DWJ] Churchill on prepositions

Judith Ridge judith.ridge at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 16:07:47 EST 2009

2009/11/8 Jameela Lares <Jameela.Lares at usm.edu>

> I've mostly been lurking on the digest lately, but since I quote Churchill
> on prepositions, I checked the web for the actual quotation and instead
> found this:
>
> http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/churchill.html<http://www.wsu.edu/%7Ebrians/errors/churchill.html>
>
> and indeed, skimming through google books, I find the quotation in various
> forms.

Thanks Jameela! As a Churchill Fellow (and Secretary of the Churchill
Fellows Association NSW) this is a very useful link indeed! We often use
quotes attributed to WC on materials, and I often wonder how
accurate/attributable they are! (Is attributable a word? I'm not getting the
squiggly red line...)

Judith

--
Judith Ridge
Western Sydney Young People's Literature Officer

Arts and Cultural Development
Blacktown City Council
PO Box 63
(62 Flushcombe Road)