[DWJ] Personal Plumbing was Splatchers and Ransome was branding books was What are you reading?

Elizabeth Bentley ebentleysln at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 6 15:20:57 EST 2009

Just remembered being surprised by the mention of the heroine in
Zola's Germinal starting menstruation, aged 16 - must be a fairly
early occurrence in literature - I think it was actually a plot point,
though it's decades since I read it.

Elizabeth Bentley BA MCLIP
Librarian
Northbrook C of E School, London SE13 5HZ
mailto:ebentleysln at googlemail.com

SLN: To subscribe send a blank email to:
mailto:sln-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
To send a message write to : sln at yahoogroups.com